Upon arrival, pick up your registration materials at the “Badge Pick-Up Booth,” located in the Meeting Registration Area. You’ll need your badge to attend sessions and other events at the meeting. Your materials will include:
- The Final Program, including room locations and floor plans (Want a sneak preview? Download a copy of the same program you’ll receive on-site here)
- Name badge and holder
- Any tickets you purchased (Awards and Fellows Celebration dinner, lunch vouchers, Pre-Conference workshops)
- ACHA raffle ticket (there will be tumbler in the Exhibit Hall for these)
- Instructions for the Online CE and Session Evaluation process
- A lanyard for your badge holder
On-Site Registration Hours:
Tuesday, May 26 and Wednesday, May 27: 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Thursday, May 28: 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Friday, May 29: 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday, May 30: 7:00 AM – 10:00 AM
If you are interested looking for ways to get involved in ACHA or find ways to collaborate with others in college health, consider attending these meetings:
- Section Meetings (12:00 PM – 1:15 PM, Wednesday, May 27): Connect with colleagues within your area of expertise. There are nine different sections, categorized by discipline. Learn about current section projects and plans for the future.
- Affiliate Meetings (12:00 PM – 1:15 PM, Thursday, May 28): Meet with other attendees from your region! ACHA regional affiliates help members forge strong partnerships with colleagues on the state or regional level.
- Committee/Coalition/Task Force Meetings (see the Final Program for dates/times): ACHA's committees, task forces, and coalitions address a diverse range of exciting issues pertinent both to ACHA and to the health of college students. Your thoughts on pressing college health issues are always welcome, so come and share them with us!
Online CE and Session Evaluations: Following the meeting we’ll email you a link to the Online CE and Session Evaluation site. You’ll need to indicate the type of credit you’re requesting and evaluate each session you attended. Once completed, you’ll be able to print your CE certificate. Detailed instructions will be included in your meeting materials.
Attention NURSES: You do not need to complete the ACHA session evaluations. Your session evaluations and CNE certificate will be processed by the American Public Health Association (APHA). You will receive a personalized email* on May 30 from APHA (from email@example.com) with instructions and ID number.
*Note that all meeting attendees who are eligible to receive credit will receive this email, but only those requesting CNE need to complete the APHA evaluation.
Poster Sessions: Spend some time between general sessions learning about the innovative research and programs being conducted around the country. Poster presenters will be available to answer questions, share handouts, and provide contact information. We think you'll enjoy checking out these informal, graphics-based presentations!
Is this your first time attending the annual meeting, or are you a new member of ACHA? If so, please plan to attend the Newcomer’s Orientation on Wednesday, May 27, 7:30 AM – 8:45 AM, in Salon G2. At the orientation you’ll learn about ACHA’s programs and services and how to get the most from the annual meeting. You’ll also meet ACHA’s officers and other colleagues. Section chairs will be available to introduce activities within your specialty. We'll be giving away prizes to a few lucky attendees!
Also of note are these featured events.
Don't forget to check out these programming updates! Updates include session changes and cancellations.
A few other things to know before you come:
- Check out abstracts of the sessions and posters before you arrive: Workshop and General Session Abstracts [pdf] and Poster Abstracts [pdf].
- We are hosting several free wellness activities like yoga, Zumba, and kickboxing to keep our attendees feeling their best! Wellness events are listed in the Final Program.
- Convention hotels like the Marriott tend to be on the chilly side, so please pack a sweater.
- Cash concessions will be available Wednesday-Friday from 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM. If you purchased lunch vouchers they will be provided in your registration packet. Other dining options are located in the hotel.
- If you are attending the Dorosin Memorial Lecture on Friday, May 29 at 12:00 PM, please feel free to bring your lunch with you! The lecture will be held in Salon H.
- Friday is School Spirit Day, so please wear something with your institution’s name, colors, or logo!
- Visit the resource tables located in the Meeting Registration Area for literature, posters, or extra speaker handouts. Items on the table are free for the taking.
- Visit the message boards in the Meeting Registration Area for employment opportunities, messages left by/for other attendees, and information on section socials.
- ACHA will be providing complimentary shuttles from the Orlando World Center Marriott to Downtown Disney and Universal CityWalk. Shuttles will run in a continuous loop from 6:00 PM – 11:00 PM Tuesday through Friday. (Please note that the last shuttle departs from Downtown Disney at 10:30 PM and from Universal CityWalk at 10:15 PM)
- ACHA is also providing complimentary internet access in guest rooms and in the meeting space. Instructions on how to access the internet will be provided in your registration materials.
We encourage you to download the ACHA 2015 Meeting App. All of the information included in the Final Program is included in the app, and with the app you'll receive notifications about any session changes, have the ability to message other app users, create an agenda with notifications, and more! To get the app, visit the app store and search for "ACHA Events". Funding for this mobile app generously provided by the American College Health Foundation.
We look forward to seeing you in Orlando!