Please note that the Marriott Rivercenter (RC) is the host hotel; while most events will be held in the Rivercenter, some will be held just across the street in the Marriott Riverwalk Hotel (RW). All event locations are included in the Final Program.
Upon arrival, pick up your registration materials at the “Badge Pick-Up Booth,” located in the Rivercenter Third Floor Foyer. You’ll need your badge to attend sessions and other events at the meeting. Your materials will include:
- Final Program, including room locations and floor plans (Want a sneak preview? Download a copy of the same program you’ll receive on site here)
- Name badge and holder
- Any tickets you purchased (Awards and Fellows Celebration dinner, lunch vouchers, pre-conference workshops)
- ACHA raffle ticket (there will be tumbler in the Exhibit Hall for these starting on Thursday)
- Instructions for the Online CE and Session Evaluation process
- A lanyard for your badge holder
Onsite Registration Hours:
Tuesday, May 27 and Wednesday, May 28: 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Thursday, May 29: 7:00 AM – 3:45 PM
Friday, May 30: 7:00 AM – 4:45 PM
Saturday, June 1: 7:00 AM – 10:00 AM
If you are interested looking for ways to get involved in ACHA or find ways to collaborate with other in college health, consider attending these meetings:
- Section Meetings (12:00 PM – 1:15 PM, Wednesday, May 28): Connect with colleagues within your area of expertise. There are nine different sections, categorized by discipline. Learn about current section projects and plans for the future.
- Affiliate Meetings (12:00 PM – 1:15 PM, Thursday, May 29): Meet with other attendees from your region! ACHA regional affiliates help members forge strong partnerships with colleagues on the state or regional level.
- Committee/Coalition/Task Force Meetings (see Final Program for dates/times): ACHA's committees, task forces, and coalitions address a diverse range of exciting issues pertinent both to ACHA and to the health of college students. Your thoughts on pressing college health issues are always welcome, so come and share them with us!
Want to meet other attendees? Come to the Diversity Reception on Wednesday, May 28 from 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm in the RW-River Terrace! Enjoy appetizers while networking with your colleagues at this reception co-hosted by the Coalition of Allies for LGBT Health and the Ethnic Diversity Coalition. We’re planning a fun and informal atmosphere where you can relax and enjoy getting to know your colleagues!
Online CE and Session Evaluations: Following the meeting we’ll email you a link to the Online CE and Session Evaluation site. You’ll need to indicate the type of credit you’re requesting and evaluate each session you attended. Once completed, you’ll be able to print your CE certificate. Detailed instructions will be included in your meeting materials.
Poster Sessions: Spend some time between general sessions learning about the innovative research and programs being conducted around the country. Poster presenters will be available to answer questions, share handouts, and provide contact information. We think you'll enjoy checking out these informal, graphics-based presentations!
Is this your first time attending the annual meeting, or are you a new member of ACHA? If so, please plan to attend the Newcomer’s Orientation on Wednesday, May 28, 7:30 AM – 8:45 AM, in RW-Salons A-C. At the orientation you’ll learn about ACHA’s programs and services and how to get the most from the annual meeting. You’ll also meet ACHA’s officers and other colleagues. Section chairs will be available to introduce activities within your specialty. We'll be giving away prizes to a few lucky attendees!
Also of note are these featured events.
Don't forget to check out these programming updates! Updates include session cancellations and room changes as well as the addition of a new session, The White House Task Force to Protect Students Against Sexual Assault: Its Impact on College Health Services.
A few other things to know before you come:
- Check out abstracts of the sessions and posters before you arrive: Workshop and General Session Abstracts [pdf] and Poster Abstracts [pdf]
- We are hosting several free wellness events, including yoga and line dancing and Zumba classes, to keep our attendees feeling their best! Wellness events are listed here and in the Final Program.
- Convention hotels like the Marriott tend to be on the chilly side, so please pack a sweater.
- Cash concessions will be available Wednesday-Friday from 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM (in the Second Floor Atrium on Wednesday and Thursday and in the Exhibit Hall on Friday). If you purchased lunch vouchers they will be provided in your registration packet. Lots of other dining options are located in and around the hotel.
- If you are attending the Dorosin Memorial Lecture on Friday, May 30 at 12:00 pm, please feel free to bring your lunch with you! The lecture will be held in the Riverwalk Hotel – Alamo Ballroom. Cash concessions are available in the Rivercenter in the Exhibit Hall.
- Friday is School Spirit Day – wear something with your institution’s name, colors, or logo!
- Visit the resource tables located in the Meeting Registration Area for literature, posters, or extra speaker handouts. Items on the table are free for the taking.
- Visit the message boards in the Meeting Registration Area for employment opportunities, messages left by/for other attendees, and information on section socials.
We encourage you to download the ACHA 2014 Meeting App. Most of the information included in the Final Program is included in the app, and with the app you'll receive notifications about any sessions changes, have the ability to message other app users, create an agenda with notifications, and more!
We look forward to seeing you in San Antonio!